Have you heard of slugging?
If not, we’re here to tell you what you’re missing out on. If done correctly, slugging can have major benefits and give you the glowing skin you’ve been searching for.
Slugging can make your skin ultra-hydrated, look more youthful, repair your skin’s barrier, decrease the appearance of wrinkles, and so much more.
But first, what is slugging?
Put simply: Slugging is a newly-popular skincare technique that involves applying an occlusive, jelly-like moisturizer to your face overnight. “Occlusive” means it forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, which helps prevent moisture loss.
One of the most common products used for slugging is your classic Vaseline, but we recommend using our 100% vegan Bouncy Balm as a lighter, non-comedogenic alternative to see the positive effects of slugging.
Vaseline vs. Bouncy Balm
First and foremost let’s highlight some of the key differences between Vaseline and Bouncy Balm by starting out with the facts… the ingredients.
- Vaseline: Contains petroleum jelly and mineral
- Bouncy Balm: 100% vegan with four main key
- Fatty Alcohols: help enhance skin
- Mushroom Collagen: full of antioxidants that enhance hydration and elasticity of the skin.
- Niacinamide (aka Vitamin B3): reduces inflammation, minimizes pores, and moisturizes the skin.
- Squalane: a plant-derived, lightweight moisturizing ingredient that protects the skin barrier.
Bouncy Balm is chock-full of ingredients that your skin will benefit from.
Now that we’ve gotten the run down on the ingredients, let’s talk texture and benefits!
- Vaseline leaves a greasy residue on your skin and does not get absorbed into your skin immediately. Because of this, it can cause dust, dirt, bacteria, etc. to stick to your skin. This can end up clogging your pores and can lead to acne.
- Bouncy Balm is very safe to use on the skin being 100% vegan. It has a very light hydrating texture and can even be used on the skin prior to applying makeup as a primer. Bouncy Balm is an oil-free moisturizing balm that can be used day and night. It has restorative properties that will add a protective layer to the skin that can help prevent germs from entering your skin. It’s an excellent, multi-purpose formula that can be used for slugging, as a light base, or to nourish lips, dry patches, or cuticles.
The bottom line? Bouncy Balm is your one stop shop to achieve youthful, glowy skin. Have more questions about our bouncy balm product or another Glass Lizzard product?
Visit our FAQ page here. Still have questions? We’re here to help.
You can fill out this form here and our team will get back to you.